Weaver adjustable drive kits are guaranteed to improve the low-speed performance of your chain-driven locomotive or your money back!
Designed as a drop-in replacement for most Weaver chain-driven locomotives. This kit replaces the stock plastic drive tower with a two-piece adjustable tower. You will enjoy smooth and quiet operation with this easy-to-install kit. No modifications are required.
Weaver adjustable drive kits feature:
- Adjustable height towers for the perfect chain tension
- Electrical isolation from the frame
- Ball-bearing supported driveshaft
- Guaranteed better slow-speed performance with a 2.5 to 1 gear reduction
- Kit includes everything needed to perform the upgrade
- Detailed instructions on fine-tuning your trucks
This kit is intended to be used on most locomotives that feature a chain-driven mechanism. If you purchase a kit and it will not fit your locomotive I will refund your money once I receive the parts back.
This video features an earlier version of the drive installed and operating in a Red Caboose GP9. The locomotive is running on a glass table with a dead rail installation. Power is provided by a single A123 battery.
There are no reviews yet.